WW1 Battlefields Tour – Ypres and the Somme
14th-18th April 2021
£675 per person, based on 2 people sharing (single supplements will apply)
Join us for this four night, five day battlefields tour with three full days of visits to various WW1 sites. You will be guided by two experienced historians who have many years’ experience of organising and leading WW1 Battlefields Tours.
Travelling from Scotland (various pick up points can be agreed beforehand), we’ll take the ferry crossing from Dover to Calais. For the duration of the tour we’ll be staying at the 4 star Hotel Ariane in Ypres and breakfast is included. All entrance fees are included in the cost of the tour.
- Two full days around Ypres in Belgium and one full day near Albert on the Somme. We will pack a great deal into the three days, providing a value for money tour.
- Highlights on the Ypres days include; Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery, Talbot House, In Flanders Fields Museum, Essex Farm where John MacRae penned the famous poem “In Flanders Fields”, Angels of Pervyse Memorial, the Christmas Truce Memorial , Hell Fire Corner, Sanctuary Wood Museum and Trenches, Hooge Crater Museum & Cemetery, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Black Watch Corner and Vancouver Crossroads site of the first gas attack and Langemarck German Cemetery
- Highlights on the Somme Day include: Vimy Ridge, Lochnagar Crater, Contalmaison Hearts FC Memorial Cairn, Thiepval, free time and lunch in Albert.
- Free time in the inspiring ancient town of Ypres with the Cloth Hall at the centre.
- We will attend the Last Post ceremony at the Menin Gate one evening as a group however there will be other opportunities for you to attend as individuals during your free time.
- Details of the Last Post ceremony can be found here.
Do you have a relative who fought in WW1?
It may be possible to personalise the trip by researching family relatives who fought in the Great War and possibly visiting some important battlefields sites for you as a family.
Register your interest today!